Monday, February 27, 2012

Lifelong Companions

There is a monster in my belly
There it lives and there it lies
There it breathes and there it dies
There it waxes, wanes, and whines.
There is a monster in my belly.
There it shrieks and cries and screeches
There it rips and tears and scratches
There it gnaws and claws and slashes
There is a monster in my mind
There it fled after a rut
Had been dug inside my gut
There it lingers in the shadows
There it prowls and growls and swallows
There it conquers me completely.
There it waits, beneath my bed
There it lurks, inside my head
Check behind the closet door,
Can’t you hear it as it snores?
“Dear, it’s all inside your head.”
There is a monster in my head.
It used to live inside my belly.
But it chose my brain instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment